Roof Repair VS. Roof ReplacementBy Stacy Mellete
Based on how close your roof is to the end of its expected lifespan, we can make the following suggestions on when to repair versus when to replace your roof.
When to Repair your Roof:
- If you are experiencing a first, or even second leak in your roof.
- If you see water spots on a ceiling tile.
- If there is a leak after a rain that is limited to an easily identifiable area.
- When you can see an area where a shingle or a few shingles are missing.
- Recent high winds have caused minor visual damage.
- Your financial situation necessitates repair over replacement.
When to Replace your Roof
- If the most recent leak is the latest of many recent leaks.
- If you are seeing water stains on ceiling tiles in multiple areas or rooms.
- If the leaks seem to be over a widespread area.
- If you lose shingles or roofing materials after high winds.
- If shingles have curling corners and don’t seem to be lying flat.
- If roofing materials appear to be chipped, cracked or have pieces broken off.
- If storm damage makes it possible the cost will be covered by insurance.
- If you want to add curb appeal and value to your home.
Just the Beginning
Deciding to repair or replace your roofing material is just the beginning. Is it a job you should consider doing yourself? Is the underlayment solid? Should you replace flashing?
If you are experiencing issues with your roof, we can help. We are a trusted roofing contractor in Tampa and Affordable Roof Systems can assist from minor repairs to a complete tear off and re-roof with different materials.
Affordable Roofing Systems has been roofing Tampa, roofing St Petersburg and roofing Clearwater area homes for the past 20 years. Please call us for all your roofing needs (813) 542-8462