5 Things to Consider to Choose the Perfect Roof ColorBy Stacy Mellete
Choosing the right color for your roof is a big decision as your residential roofing system is going to stay put for years. It can also drastically change the whole appearance and feel of your home. So how do you choose the right roof color that matches various kinds of siding or paint?
Affordable Roofing Systems shares some tips to consider when choosing a roof color that matches your home’s exterior.
1. Consider Your Area’s Climate. Your roof’s color has a great impact on your home’s heating and cooling requirements and costs. It can increase the temperature of your attic by 20 to 40 degrees. Light-colored shingles or metal roofing can deflect sunlight and maintain the temperature in warmer areas. Dark shingles absorb more heat and melt snow faster, which is helpful in colder climates.
2. Coordinate Colors. Note that dark shingles complement cool-toned houses while earth-toned homes look better with a brown roof. If your home’s exterior is made of bricks, make this the basis of choosing your roof color.
3. Note Your Home’s Architectural Structure. Dark colors make spaces look smaller and bring focus on certain features which can hide flaws. Light colors make your home appear larger and accentuate the unique features of your home.
4. Check the Dimensions. Don’t choose shingles with very similar colors to the siding or bricks because your home will look flat. Accentuate colors and add life to your home through contrasting colors.
5. Remember That Simplicity Is Key. It’s better to choose a roof that’s not too colorful as it can look overwhelming and clash with colors of your home’s exterior. Opt for a simple but not boring color.
Affordable Roofing Systems can help you select the perfect color for your home’s roof. We are the trusted roofing contractor in Tampa FL. Call us at (813) 542-8462 or use our online form.
We offer our services in Tampa and St. Petersburg, as well as in other areas in FL.