8 Things to Look for in a Roofing WarrantyBy Stacy Mellete
Replacing your roof is going to be a big investment. Of course you would want the assurance that what you’ll be paying for is covered with a warranty that could protect you should problems arise.
To help you better understand roofing warranties, Affordable Roofing, top Tampa roofers, brings you this list of the ten things to look for in a roofing warranty:
1. Reputable Manufacturers – Roofing warranties that come from reputable manufacturers are most likely comprehensive, and reliable. You’ll be sure that this will protect you against product defects. Should the product fail, you can easily ask for a replacement from the manufacturer.
2. Reputable Contractor – Of course you will also need to be sure that you can trust the contractor who’s going to install the new roof as the warranty on workmanship is good only as long as the contractor stays in the business. This will protect you from faulty workmanship or installation errors. Should there be problems with the workmanship, the contractor can easily repair your Tampa residential roof or get it replaced if necessary.
3. Length of Warranty – Leading brands such as GAF and Tamko offer long term warranties, providing you the peace of mind of knowing that your roof is protected against trouble for many years to come.
4. Coverage of Warranty – You have to know what the conditions are, and exactly what’s included in the warranty. Is it exclusive to the product? Does it cover labor/service?
5. Limitations of Warranty – Ask about the limits of liability that the issuer of the warranty (manufacturer or contractor) will assume if there are problems with the roof system.
6. Warranty Requirements – Some warranties have this fine print that will require you to make sure that the product is well-maintained. If it’s required, make sure the warranty states what specifically you need to do, and how often, in order to keep your warranty in force. Keep a record of every repair and inspection so you can prove you have complied with the requirements of the warranty.
7. Transferrable Warranty – You need to know if the warranty is transferrable should you decide to sell your home. A roof with a warranty will definitely attract more buyers.
8. Filing a Claim – Lastly, you have to ask the issuer how to file a claim. You’ll need that paperwork if you have to file a claim against the warranty. You’ll have to prove that you were the owner at the time of purchase.
Affordable Roofing is one of the most reputable local roofing contractors in Tampa, Clearwater, St. Petersburg, Brandon, Largo, and the surrounding areas in Florida. No other company roofing Tampa area homes offers you more warranty choices for your new roof than us.
If you want to know more about our company, services, products, and warranties, you can browse through our website or you can just give us a call and we’ll be more than happy to answer all your queries.