Signs of a Failing Roof & How to Get it Back in ShapeBy Stacy Mellete
The weather can be erratic at times and can take a toll on your roof. It is your responsibility as a homeowner to make sure your roof is in prime condition to make your family feel secure this season.
Signs of Roof Failure
Contacting professionals such as Affordable Roofing Systems are always a good start if you need help identifying the failings of your roof. We can inspect your roof for you to help you make informed roof repairs in Brandon FL.
Interiors – Among the most vulnerable areas of your home are the ceilings, attic, and walls. When pros perform an inspection, we:
• Check areas where your ceiling appears bent. If light can be seen passing through small holes in your attic space, it’s a clear indication that those areas are not at their best. Sagging ceilings and attic boards can pose a safety risk when left unchecked. It’s best to have an expert tend to it at once to get them back in top shape.
• Look for dark spots, streaks, or stains on walls. These often mean that water is leaking from your roof. This situation needs to be dealt with promptly. Contact your local roofer to have the leaks fixed before they become much bigger and costlier issues later on.
Exteriors – Roofing issues are often more observable on the home’s outer structures. During a roof check-up we experts look for:
• Physical damage. Constant exposure from the elements can create small cracks or dents on your roof. Depending on the extent of the damage, pros may have to perform partial repair or a complete reroof.
• Rotting components. Many parts of your roof—including the underlayment, soffit, fascia—may be made from wood. When exposed to excessive moisture, they can start to deteriorate. If important structures have rotted beyond repair, you need to consider roof replacing in Brandon FL.
• Loose shingle granules. The top layer of granules covering your shingles could end up in the troughs of your gutters. Often, it means the shingles have reached the end of their life span. You need to have the tabs replaced promptly if this is the case.
Sometimes, even the most extensive repairs cannot restore your roof in good condition. If after a thorough inspection experts tell you that your current system has reached the end of its service life, don’t delay replacement. It can save you a lot of costly trouble down the line.
When picking out the next roof to put on your home, choose a system that is durable enough to survive Florida’s harsh weather conditions.
More importantly, entrust the replacement process to certified roofing contractors in Brandon FL, such as Affordable Roofing Systems.
Need a better roofing system? Call us at (813) 542-8462 and we will be happy to assist you.