Top 10 Most Common Roofing ProblemsBy Stacy Mellete
Your residential roof is perhaps the most important parts of your house because it’s the main one responsible for protecting your home. In doing so, it encounters some problems due to exposure from the elements.
Here’s a rundown of the Top 10 common roofing problems that Tampa roofers encounter:
1. Improper roof installation. A poorly installed roof can lead to issues that present themselves well after the installation.
2. Leaking roofs. This problem is generally caused by shoddy installation of the roof, specifically at seams and flashings.
3. Punctures. Heavy foot traffic and added equipment to the roof can cause cuts on your roof. Check for post-installation damage.
4. Blow-offs, billowing, tenting, and reduced wind uplift resistance. This is due to lack of fasteners upon installation.
5. Improper repairs. Not all materials are compatible, and when they’re forced to be fixed to one other, it can result to permanent damage.
6. Lack of maintenance. A roof ages and weakens over time. Therefore, it requires regular Tampa roof repair and maintenance.
7. Ponding water. This is when water forms ponds/puddles atop your roof. The source of the problem should be immediately investigated.
8. Shrinkage. Roofs are usually coated by ethylene propylene diene monomer (EPDM), which is a membrane that typically shrinks, causing shingles to split.
9. Blistering, splitting, ridging and surface erosion. Usually, built-up roofs (BUR) have this problem. A considerable size of blister is something you should decide to act on.
10. Safety issues. Non-adherence to safety guidelines can cause roofing accidents. Strict compliance to safety measures should be followed.
For roof repair in Tampa, Affordable Roofing Systems can provide solutions to all these roofing issues. As a GAF Master Elite® roofer, we established our reputation of providing only the best material, and offer a wide range of services and products.
Schedule your free checkup and estimate today! For more information, call us at (813) 542-8462.