Why Call A Roofing Contractor First Instead of Your Insurance Company?By Stacy Mellete
Your roof is damaged, but who should you call first: a residential roofing contractor or your insurance company? Find out the advantages of calling the roofers first and where to find a reliable roofing contractor in Tampa Bay Area.
When your roof gets damaged, it's only natural to call your insurance company immediately and file for a claim. However, this is not always the right approach to this situation. It's best if you contact a local roofing contractor first.
Calling for a reliable and experienced roofer is like calling for an ally. As we all know, filing for an insurance claim can be a lengthy and confusing process. The insurance company is looking out more for itself and for you.
It is wise to have a reliable roofing contractor Tampa FL that works alongside a Public Adjuster, so you have a team that is looking out for your best interests. This will simplify the process for you and you will get what you should get from the insurance company.
Here are other advantages of why you should call a roofer first, before your insurance company:
- Roofers Provide Expert Analysis. The adjusters that your insurance company sends represent the insurance company, and are not a residential roofing expert. Oftentimes, they only take note of the obvious damages. A roofing contractor can provide you with the expert analysis you need for your claim. They don't just look at the surface damage, they provide a thorough inspection of your roof damage and any other damage that may have been caused by the storm or weather event.
- Helps Determine Whether Filing For A Claim Is Worth It. In some cases, filing for an insurance claim is not worth it. But you would not know that if you don't know the cost of the residential repair or replacement. And filing for a claim inappropriately can cause your insurance rates to go up (which can be another problem!). One of the great things about calling a roofing contractor first is that they can provide you with an estimate. This will help you decide whether an insurance claim is necessary.
- Can Provide Immediate Temporary Fix to The Problem. If there's an emergency repair needed in your residential roof, a roofer can provide an immediate temporary fix but your insurance company cannot. Providing a temporary fix to your roof problem can help prevent further damage to your home. You don't have to worry about this affecting your claim. A professional roofer would document the problem and the temporary solution applied to it.
- Connects The Homeowner With The Public Adjuster (PA). The role of a PA is to inspect the damage and determine how much settlement your insurance company should give. Usually, your insurance company would send in their own adjuster for a roof inspection.However, they might not have your best interest at heart as some of them want to save their company money. At Affordable Roofing Systems, we will connect you with a licensed public adjuster certified by the state to help with the claims process. The great thing about having a third-party adjuster is that they can help you maximize your insurance claim. You don't have to worry about paying them as well, as they will be reimbursed by your insurance company.
- Avoid Further Frustration. Getting a local roofing contractor Tampa FL, to inspect the damage on your roof can save you from further frustration. They can provide you with an accurate report on the cause of the problem. This saves you time in knowing if the damage is covered by your insurance or not. Calling a roofing company first can save you from the confusion caused by insurance claims. But keep in mind that the roofer you hire should be experienced in dealing with an insurance claim.
At Affordable Roofing Systems, our roofers are not only licensed professionals but can also help maximize your insurance claim. We will perform a thorough assessment of your roof's damages. Then you will be provided with a complete and accurate estimate to help you determine whether a claim is necessary.
If you decide to file an insurance claim, our expert roofing contractors will be happy to assist you. To book a schedule or if you want to know more about our services, contact us today at 813-542-8462.