How Heavy Rain Storms Can Damage Your Roofing in FLBy Stacy Mellete
Florida is known for experiencing more thunderstorms and rainfall compared to other states. According to the National Hurricane Center, Monroe County in Florida has experienced the most hurricanes in the entire United States, totaling 26 hurricanes since 1926.
For Clearwater residents, roofing is an important part of your house as it is your shield from the elements. However, it eventually wears out due to exposure to rain, hail and wind. Being in a hurricane-prone state, here are some effects heavy rainstorms can cause:
- If you have a feebly designed and/or installed roof, heavy rain can easily trigger damage. Watch out for concaving parts where rain puddles form that can cause sagging or even dents on your roof frame.
- It can cause gutters to be jammed with debris like leaves and branches. When clogged, it will cause rainwater to overflow, which can penetrate walls and windows.
- Having cracked tiles can cause rainwater to seep through your home. Water running through roof gaps and cracks can compromise other tiles too.
- It can wash away the granular surface of shingles, causing rainwater to enter sealing strips.
- Strong winds can blow shingles off your roof. Water can then seep through those holes from missing or loose shingles. This can ultimately cause mold growth and damage to interior insulation.
At Affordable Roofing Systems, we understand your concerns when it comes to heavy rain and storms and need urgent storm damage restoration. As a trusted roofing contractor in Clearwater FL and other surrounding communities, you can count on us.
That is why we offer emergency repair and storm damage restoration services.
For more information about our products and services, give us a call at (813) 542-8462.