5 Common Commercial Roofing ProblemsBy Stacy Mellete
Your commercial roofing serves as your first line of defense against elements that can harm your assets. That’s why it is important to learn and understand the common issues associated with it.
Here are five of them:
1. Roof Leaks – Poor installation, old age, and lack of maintenance all cause roof leaks. They can occur in any type of roof and appear just about anywhere on the surface. If you don’t patch them immediately, they can lead to extensive damage. When you see signs of leakage, contact us for an inspection to identify the damaged areas. Affordable Roofing Systems is the reliable roofing company in Clearwater, FL, that can handle all of your roofing needs.
2. Ponding Water – Clogged gutters can lead to ponding water on your roof. The National Roofing Contractors Association (NRCA) classified concerning ponding water as standing for more than 48 hours, although it can still damage in shorter spans. This poses a significant concern since even a one-inch deep pond can weigh up to 5.2 lbs./square foot.
Aside from becoming a breeding ground for pests, the additional weight of the water can negatively affect the structural integrity of the building. As your trusted roofing contractor in Clearwater, FL, we recommend having your roof inspected after every major storm.
3. Punctures – For those with single-ply roof systems, foot traffic may create punctures and add penetrations. To minimize them, make sure to limit traffic and conduct quick inspections after.
4. Improper Repairs – Using materials that are incompatible to your specific type of roof can result in permanent damage. Affordable Roofing Systems has the expertise, experience, and resources to handle commercial roof repairs in Tampa, FL. We use high-quality materials that are compatible with your roof to ensure its maximum performance.
5. Blow-Offs and Billowing – These occur when the roof is not adhered to the substrate properly. Due to their structure, single-ply roofing systems have a higher risk for these problems. For the lifted and billowed sections of your roof, we will install a new sheet and take preventive measures to minimize their occurrence.
This season, make sure that it your roof is working optimally and maximize its service life. We can help you with a proactive maintenance plan to address all of its issues. Call us today at (813) 542-8462 to start on your project.