Tampa Residential Roof Maintenance: Dos and Don'ts
Proper roof maintenance is vital to protect your home against the elements. Here are some of the dos and don’ts of residential roof maintenance:
- Clean the roof gutters. Cleaning the roof gutters can prevent water damage and keep the pests away.
- Schedule a regular roof evaluation. For your own safety, have your roofing system evaluated by trusted professionals. A comprehensive evaluation should determine if you need to repair or replace your existing roof.
- Conduct your Own Inspection. Even if you are scheduled for a roof evaluation, it is still advisable to conduct your own inspection. Walk around your property and look for possible signs of roof damages, such as leaks, mold or algae growth, curled or missing shingles, damp framing, dark spots, and rust.
- Trim large tree branches. Be sure to trim those large branches near the roof to prevent accidents and structural damages.
- Check asphalt shingles for granular loss. This usually happens on the roof gutters or at the base of the downspouts.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for help. Even if you are an avid handyman, your safest bet is to leave it to the experts. A professional Tampa Bay roofer can restore your roofing system and address any roofing problems in no time.
- Don’t forget to wear safety gear. Always wear safety goggles and gloves when checking your roof or doing basic cleanup. If you need a ladder, be sure to put it on a safe spot and wear a harness.
- Don’t ignore storm damage. Even if there are no visible damages, it is important to have your roof evaluated by professionals to ensure safety.
Need help with your roof? Affordable Roofing Systems has you covered! Call us now at 813-542-8462 and get a free estimate!